Dental fillings are small dental restorations that are ideal for treating cavities. In recent years, more and more dental health professionals have begun using tooth-colored fillings in Crown Point in order to restore the health and appearance of patients’ teeth. So what are the benefits of this type of filling? We’re discussing them today.
In the past, dental fillings tended to come in metal amalgam form. Though metal fillings are effective at treating dental cavities, they can lead to future dental problems. Fortunately, tooth-colored fillings in Crown Point offer a safe and aesthetically appealing option in treating dental decay.
Why Choose Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are customized dental restorations made of either porcelain or composite resin. These materials offer many benefits over traditional metal fillings. Here are just a few of the many reasons patients are choosing tooth-colored fillings.
• Enhanced Confidence: Tooth-colored fillings restore teeth to a beautiful, cavity-free look. Patients will be able to smile with confidence, knowing their teeth look pristine and metal-free.
• Replace Metal Fillings: Old metal fillings can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings to restore the appearance and the strength of previously treated teeth.
• More Attractive: Tooth-colored fillings in Crown Point are more aesthetically pleasing than metal fillings because they blend seamlessly with the surrounding tooth, so no one will notice the patient has had dental treatment!
• Not As Harmful for Teeth: Traditionally used silver amalgam has a tendency to expand and contract when temperature fluctuations occur. The constant expansion and contraction can put pressure on the tooth, causing it to crack and eventually break. Tooth-colored fillings won’t expand and contract, making them safer for the teeth.
• Reestablished Dental Strength: Because tooth-colored dental fillings are bonded to the teeth, the strength of the teeth is restored.
• Customized: Tooth-colored fillings in Crown Point are made of porcelain or composite resin, which is custom-shaded to perfectly match the surrounding teeth for seamlessly unnoticeable cavity treatment.
• No Discoloration: Overtime, silver amalgam metal fillings are known to change the color of the teeth to a grayish tint. Tooth-colored fillings make a better option for cavity treatment, as they will not discolor the teeth.
• Longer Lasting: Tooth-colored fillings are durable and long lasting. With proper care, tooth-colored fillings may last as long as 15 years.
• Protects More of the Tooth: Unlike traditional metal fillings, tooth-colored fillings require minimal amounts of the damaged tooth to be removed for placement. This helps maintain the strength of the tooth and minimizes the likelihood of future breakage.
Alternative Tooth-Colored Treatments
Tooth-colored fillings are not the only treatments available to restore the look of the smile. Dental crowns are also a wonderful option to restore the look and function of damaged teeth. Dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and dental implants are other great treatments designed to improve the smile and oral health.
Tooth-colored fillings in Crown Point – using porcelain or composite resin – can completely transform a patient’s smile and self-confidence. Don’t wait any longer! Begin enjoying the lifelong benefits of a gorgeous smile. Call our office today to schedule a consultation to see which treatments are right for them.